Multiple Search Index in a Search Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Search Index in a Search Request

Is it possible to select multiple indexes to search?

example.

<option value="D:\index1\first,D:\index2\second,D:\index3\ third"> Search 3 Topics

I have 400,000 documents in an index and I am indexing offline and I am trying not to reindex the entire document set when I make changes in the configuration.

Is it always neccessary to reindex when you change things like recommended links?

No, you can not combine multiple sets of index files in one search like how you describe (with the exception of what is possible with our MasterNode product, but that is more for load distributing across multiple servers and probably not what you are after).

But from your description of what you are really trying to achieve:

Originally posted by Darrell Horton View Post
    I have 400,000 documents in an index and I am indexing offline and I am trying not to reindex the entire document set when I make changes in the configuration.
    You should use Incremental Indexing. Click on the "Index" menu -> "Incremental Indexing" and select either "Add start points to existing index" or "Add list of new or updated pages".

This allows you to add new directories or pages to an existing index without having to re-index the entire set of files. However, you must use the same indexing configuration (should be saved as a ZCFG file) to allow this.

Originally posted by Darrell Horton View Post
    Is it always neccessary to reindex when you change things like recommended links?
    Yes. Many settings change the format of the index data (which is heavily compressed and optimized to suit your specific configuration).

I should point out too that, since you are using Offline Mode, there shouldn't be much harm in having to perform a full re-index: it should be very fast, and presuming it is on the same computer/local network, it would not use any Internet traffic.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X