Results on different page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results on different page

Is it possible to have the results from the search to be placed on a different page than the search page?

I will be including the search box on my main page of my site and I don’t want it to change the layout, when they do a search.

I will use the “ASP” and probably move to the CGI version

Do you mean, you would like the search results to be on a different page than the search form? If so, you can certainly do this, see this FAQ:
    Q. How do I put search forms on pages besides the search page? (Or define my own search form?)

By doing so, you can have your "search.asp" page as your search results page. And your search form can be on any of your other pages as you like.

If you actually wish to inject the search results into another page, well then, that's not easily possible, and you may be underestimating the technical requirements of such a task. A common approach however, to something like that would involve the use of frames. But you can't just inject the search results onto any page (considering the page itself may be dynamically generated too).

But you should be able to maintain your layout completely, without the need for this, just by modifying your search_template.html file to look the same as the rest of your site.

Perhaps if you can provide a URL to your site and illustrate what you mean, we can provide a more precise answer.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X