Default category

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default category

When using categories, is there a place in the .js files to change the default from All to another one?

I also found searching, as I should have done first, sorry, the links to the FAQ's that answer the question by using your own generated searchform answered by Ray in post http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showth...fault+category, he provided the link to http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...tml#searchform

But, I still woudn't mind an answer if you can cahnage a setting in the settings.js to use whatever you want for the default category
    Last edited by whisperinghill; Jan-26-2007, 01:30 PM. Reason: Found answer

No, this can not be changed by modifying the settings.js file (which we do not recommend - it gets rewritten every time you re-index).

An alternative to creating your own search form, and probably the best and easiest way to change the default category is to simply link to your search page with an additional parameter.

For example, if you normally link to your search page with a link to "/search/search.php", you can change this to "/search/search.php?zoom_cat=1", which will default to the second category (the category numbers start at zero, with -1 being "All").

Similarly, you can change other default search options with this method - by pre-defining some of the search parameters like "zoom_sort", "zoom_and", "zoom_per_page", etc. in the URL.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ray, thanks for the additional tip, though, I did as your Support links stated and made my own Form and told Zoom not to generate the search page. Works great! I also changed to radio buttons instead of a pull down. I think easier for my guys to interact with.

Larger network drives can up the ante on java results, 2.4mb, still not bad on our network. Where I do not have rights to post CGI files.

As I stated before, I love this software ! And Love the response of the company for support. Look forward to updates.

Comment

Working...
      X