Recommended Links = Don't display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Links = Don't display

I have indexed my site and the recommeneded Links using keywords 3 leeters, won't display. I have checked the zooom_pageinfo.js file and the section is there at the bottom and shows my recommended links aling with the search phrase.

We use a lot of Acronyms here and many are 3 letters, is there a way to make it?

It has no trouble finding the letters JHA or LSS or KEQ for example but when yusing those letters as a search, the appropriate recommended Link won't display
    I indexed 1252 files

Any ideas?
    Last edited by whisperinghill; Jan-23-2007, 06:39 PM. Reason: additional information

Sorry, I'm not sure from your post what exactly is the keyword(s) you're using. Is it "3 leeters" (without the quotes)? I tried this and it didn't have any problem showing up when I did a search with the exact phrase.

Things to note:

1) The recommended links entry can either be individual single keywords, or it can be a phrase.

2) When it is a single keyword, it will appear for any search query containing that keyword. So if you have a recommended link for "test", it will appear in searches for:
    test
    or
    car test dog house
    3) When it is a phrase, it is matched against the entire search query. So for example, if you have a recommended link for '3 leeters'. It will only show up when you perform a search for:
    3 leeters
    It will not appear in a search for:
    3 leeters test
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Oops

Typo, sorry.

No, a three letter acronym Like JHA or LSS. My 4 or more letter words or phrases show the recommended links without a problem.

I can search and find the acronym JHA, but when I do, it should provide two recommended Links from the list below. If I search for LSS I get the results but not the 1 recommended link from the code.

Code:
      ["/Safety/WP_JHA.htm","Work Plans and Job Hazard Analysis","",""],
      ["/jci/WPTemplate.htm","Work Plan","Create a Workplan and JHA",""],
      ["/safety/jha/jha.htm","JHA","create a JHA only, no workplan option",""],
      ["/LSS/lss.htm","LSS-Life Safety Systems","Washington Site LSS Home page",""],
      ["tech.htm","Dupont Tech page","For the best work plan and informational links for techs here at dupont",""],
      ["/facilities/facilities.htm","Washington Site Facilities Systems","",""],
      ["energy.htm","Energy Savings Home Page","",""],
      ["safety.htm","Washington Site Facilities Safety Home Page ","Links to major Safety sub webs",""],
      ["/Training/Do You Know.htm","Index of Do You Know Series","",""]];
      recommended = [ "JHA 1243",
      	"JHA 1244",
      	"JHA 1245",
      	"LSS 1246",
      	"tech 1247",
      	"energy 1248",
      	"energy 1249",
      	"safety 1250",
      	"Do You Know 1251"];

Comment

I see what the problem is now. There's a bug in the Javascript version which is not matching recommended links correctly when the keyword is entered in capital letters in the Configuration window. We will fix this up in the next build (5.0.1003). Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Changing to lower case worked, thanks

Comment

Working...
          X