No announcement yet.

Comments on Upgrade policy and future pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are only about 50,000 unique words in the English language. But most people use far less than this in normal documents. Maybe only 10,000 words typically. But there are of course numbers, place names, etc... which do add to the total. But still, the limit of 500,000 will never be reached by most people.

We only know of a couple of customers that would exceed this limit. And both these customers ask a lot of questions, requiring more support time.

Comment

You are right, there are 50.000 unique words in english dictionary. But Zoom Search engine counts also the words with -1 in zoom_dictionary as unique word.
      This means that
      1) the same word found maybe in uppercase or with the first letter in upper case is counted as a unique word
      2) Words (or word patterns) added in the skip list to avoid accented characters or numbers are also counted as unique words.
      It happens that I get >700.000 unique words and more than the half of them are -1.
      And I have checked that the number of the "called" unique words by the program statistics is the whole of the words added to zoom_dictionary.zdat file with no exception to the -1 words. (I have checked this by searching newline in a Regular expression software, and the number of total results is exactly the same with the unique words Statistics generated by Zoom Search Engine V5)
      So , in this case even though I will have less than 500.000 words I will get a Limitation by the Professional Edition.

I think that after setting this limitation it would be fair to stop counting -1 words as unique words (because in reality they are not unique words)

Comment

v5 license key

Will the licence for V5 beta still work with the final version ? I've buy the 4.2 pro last week. Do I ask you for the new key (enterprise edition?) or wait for your mail for the final version? And finally, where can I download the V5, once you send me the key.
        Thanks for your response.
        Eric

Comment

Yes, the license key for V5 beta will work for the final V5 release.

You can ask us for the new V5 key now if you wish to start testing the beta. Or you can wait for the final release if you prefer. The current beta is very close to the final release, but there are still a few minor bugs we are working on.

The latest V5 beta can be downloaded from the link on this thread:
          http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1125
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

It is my suggestion that you update the policy on the website and include the information that upgrading to 5 pro will be limited so that you aren't mis leading new customers on the website.. I understand but I would like it for your benfit...

Comment

No one is being mislead. I don't know what you are referring to.

Comment

All of the abovementioned details regarding V5 will naturally be available on the main website (www.wrensoft.com) when we put out the final release. There is no information regarding V5 at all on our site at the moment, outside of these forums.

We are trying to make it as clear as possible. If anyone has trouble understanding the information, please let us know.
                --Ray
                Wrensoft Web Software
                Sydney, Australia
                Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
                X