where do i trace my search page after indexing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do i trace my search page after indexing

Am doing a project" Integrating a search engine on a locally compiled digital library". am using the free version of the zoom search engine. My problem is how do i locate the search page after configuration? do i need to refer to an address earlier specified during configuration or the search page automatically displays if the configuration is done right? probably i may have some lapses during the configuration.

thanking you in anticipation.
    Fodio S. Longman
    usman danfodiyo university
    sokoto,Nigeria.

Please see chapter 5 of the Users Guide:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/usersguide.html

In particular, section 5.5 - "Where is my search page?"

It may also help to refer to the first chapter and the overview on how Zoom works.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

thank you!

i was able to create a search engine now. the problem is my search engine now can make searches based on indexed documents but cannot link me to results. what i mean here is that when i put a search query in the search form,it searches and bring out some results but once i click on any of the results a message saying "the page cannot be displayed" always appear. can you further assist me please.

Comment

You didn't give us many detail about the problem. The page can not be displayed error from Internet Explorer most likely means the URL is wrong. Is the URL correct for your document?

The most likely reason for this is that you are indexing in offline mode and the base URL is wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X