I Need An Assistance Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need An Assistance Please!

I am doing a project using the zoom search engine. the problem i have is i want to use the free version of the zoom search engine and integrate it on a locally compiled digital library of my university(Usman Danfodio University Sokoto, Nigeria.). I really have a problem trying to configure the zoom search engine to work in an offline mode,despite the fact that i have tried going through the users manual a number of times. I will appreciate any assistance that anyone can render. Thanking you in anticipation.

Can you give a detailed description of what you have tried and what the problem was.

Comment

problem description.

I thank you for responding to my problem. Actually, i will really need clearification on the following terms and how they affect the configuration of the search engine.

1. Base URL
      2. FTP
      3. path or folder to upload after indexing.

must i provide an ftp address for the search engine to work? How do i configure a system that is not connected to server? where do i locate my search page after indexing? when i tried, the only thing on display was an example of the zoom search engine page where i was able to customise the search page like i changed:search this site to search the UDL- the name of my school's locally compiled digital library.

Comment

how do i configure zoom search engine to work on a standalone computer

i want u to assist me on how to configure the zoom search engine to work on a standalone computer. and be able to index the local contents in a form of a locally compiled digital library.
        I will be most grateful to anyone that will be able to serve as my guide so i can feed him with developments as i proceed.
        Thanking you in anticipation.

Comment

All of your questions are answered in the Users Guide. Please take a look:
          http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/usersguide.html

And more information in our FAQs here:
          http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X