settings.php question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• settings.php question

I made my own search template page and called it "search.htm" and in the settings I told settings.php to look for search.htm instead of it's default search_template.html. Everytime I upload it will change the settings.php file to point to search_template.html. How do I set it in Zoom so that it knows that my search.htm should be the default?

You should not ever need to modify the settings.php file. This is why the file begins with the text:

Code:
    // WARNING: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE.
    // This file is automatically generated by the Zoom Indexer application
    // and will be updated each time you re-index your site. You should make all
    // setting changes directly from the Indexer, via the Configuration window.
    As far as I can tell, you should not ever need to change the name of "search_template.html". This file is never accessed by the end user. You never need to link to this file, and the user never sees it. It is only used internally by the search script. If you have any changes you wish to make to the page layout, you do so to this file, with this filename.

The search script (for the PHP version) that is your search page, and that the end user will ever see, is "search.php". You can create a different search page (for whatever reasons, and named whatever you like) which sends the search query to "search.php", but this is not effected by the template file which can remain as it is.

You might want to take a look at this FAQ for more information:
    Q. Why is there no search form on my search page?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X