Words not highlighting when using accent/diacritic insensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Words not highlighting when using accent/diacritic insensitivity

First of all, thanks for a great program.

I have run into an issue with highlighting when using "Enable accent/diacritic insensitivity" and selecting "for accents, umlauts, and ligatures" in the international search options. My pages are in UTF-8 and I have "Use Unicode" selected in the "Encoding and character sets" section. In the "Highlight options" I have "Words matched in search results" selected.

For example, if I do a search on "café", the search finds both "café" and "cafe", but only highlights the word "cafe" - without the accent. The line "Search results for:" shows the word "cafe" - without the accent. I expected the program to show "Search results for: café" and highlight both "café" and "cafe".

Is there any way to have the program highlight both the word with the accent/diacritic mark and without?

Thanks.

This is a known issue (documented in the "Known issues" section of the Users Guide). The highlighting option will not highlight the equivalent (but different) matched word when accent insensitivity is enabled. There is no easy way to allow this at this point.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X