Excluding Navbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excluding Navbar

I have a navbar that is placed on each page via php include. When I search for a term the results include all of the pages that have that term on the navbar - which is not helpful. Is there any way to cloak certain portions of a page?

See this FAQ question.
    Q. How do I prevent parts of my webpage from being indexed (eg. navigation menus)?

Comment

Perfect - Thanks!

Comment

I tried this and it doesn't seem to be working. My search is at http://www.thecentersd.org/search.php - if I try to search for all the words cyber center I still get hits for every page that the nav bar is on. I inserted the code and reindexed. Any ideas? Also, is there a way to do the auto upload but stop it from uploading search.php as I have a custom page. Thanks!

Comment

You might be indexing cached copies of your web pages. Select the "Reload all files (do not use cache)" option in the Configuration window (under the "General" tab) to ensure that this is not the case.

As for using a custom search.php script, we would recommend storing your customized script in a different folder somewhere, and then specifying this folder path on the "Advanced" tab of the Configuration window (by checking the "Specify my own path for the script source code" option). This ensures that the script written to the output directory (and subsequently uploaded to your server) will be your customized script.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

That worked. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X