Unable to use same directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to use same directory

Due to my web host restrictions, I must use the javascript platform with Zoom.

When I place *all* of the generated files from Zoom (i.e. search.html and all of the .js files) into the same directory (folder) on my hard drive, the search engine works fine. The problem however is that I am unable to place *all* of the generated files in the same directory when I upload them to my website... I must upload all of the .js files into a support folder and then the search.html uploads just like any other html file. The url for the search file will thus be: www.mywebsite.com/search.html

Therefore, I have added that folder to the search.html file as follows:
    <script language="JavaScript" src="support/settings.js"> </script>
    <script language="JavaScript" src="support/search.js"> </script>

I would like to use a form to place on all of my web pages as suggested in the User's Guide:
    <form method="get" action="search.html">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="10">
    <input type="submit" value="Search">
    </form>

I noticed that some sites add a class field to each line of the form:
    <form method="get" action="/search.php" class="zoom_searchform">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="20" value="" class="zoom_searchbox" />
    <input type="submit" value="Submit" class="zoom_button" />

I have tried both ways, with and without the class field to no avail.

Whether I use the search.html file itself or the form, it does not work once uploaded to the site.

Is there any other file I need to add the support folder to or adjust to enable Zoom to search properly?

Thank you very much.

First of all, for our other readers, I would like to emphasize that we do not recommend doing this. When possible, you should have all the generated files in the same folder. The scripts were designed to be used this way.

But in Roger's situation, although my first recommend would be to find a more capable webhost, it is possible to achieve what you described above, but you will also need to change the search script (search.js) itself. At the top of the file, you should find references to four other .js files ("zoom_index.js", "zoom_pages.js", etc.). If you add the "support" path to each of these files here, the script should then be able to work for your setup.

Note again, that modifying the search script is recommended only for people familiar and comfortable with scripting. Be aware that you may need to re-apply your changes when you upgrade to new versions. Also refer to the Users Guide on chapters regarding Advanced config settings with applying these script changes more permanently via means of a custom copy of the script.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X