trying to add the seach results to a dynamic page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to add the seach results to a dynamic page

Until recently I have had the search box in the header of my shopping cart.. it has been great.. but because my cart has other dynamic information on it, shopping cart contents, we have began to get complants that when the custome is searching, everything leaves their cart (they don't understand that the search pages are hard coded so as soon as they return from search results, the cart is active again)

What I want to be able to do is add the result script in a page of my choise.. which would require I change the template name..

I just can not find the php code to get it done..

here is what I have now
    www.hofcraft.com/store
    in the header is the box.. I took the html source code of the php pages and just edited out the content and saved that as my template.. but I want to be able to use another page for the results.. ie same site advanced_search.php for example.. which already has the header footer, live cart contents, login/account info, already displayed..

I am able to create dynamic info pages, but unable to insert php into them.. just html

Any help would be nice..
    Jason

I believe this FAQ should answer your question:
    Q. How can I add server-side scripting (eg. PHP, ASP) to the search template?

You will find details in the above FAQ on how to embed the search script within your own PHP search page, allowing you to execute your own scripting (required for your shopping cart etc.) on the search results page.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X