I.E. Syntax Error in new hosting environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.E. Syntax Error in new hosting environment

I am getting an Syntax error in Internet EXplorer since moving a website to a new (Windows) hosting environment. The error disappears when I comment out:

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="search/search.js"></script>

Though of-course the search Zoom search no longer works. This error does not occur on the local copy of my website, nor in the previous hosting environment. Any ideas?

cheers, Warren

Quickest way for us to confirm would be if you post the URL of the search page in question.

My first guess would be that your path is incorrect since moving to the new host. Are the search files still within a "search" subfolder from the page where the line above was copied from? When people move websites, it is easy for them to accidentally change some of the folder/location of files causing broken links. Make sure your paths are all still correct.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Url

Hello

The URL is: http://www.calumo.com

I'm confident the paths are correct.

cheers, Warren

Comment

I had a look at your site. You've got script links to the "search.js" and "settings.js" file on your "index.html" page (and every other page of your website) unnecessarily. This doesn't achieve anything, nor is it documented anywhere, so I think you might have gotten confused somewhere along the way and added these links to your page headers:

Code:
        <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="search/settings.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="search/search.js"></script>
        Removing them from your web pages will fix this problem. They should only be on the "search.html" page itself, which it currently is, and we can see is working fine and without error here:
        http://www.calumo.com/search/search.html
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X