cgi setup help - Call to undefined function virtual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cgi setup help - Call to undefined function virtual

I'm trying to set up a CGI search for a large website. but when I try to add this code:

<?php
    $QSTRING = $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
    while (list ($header, $value) = each ($HTTP_GET_VARS))
    {
    $QSTRING = $QSTRING.'&'.$header.'='.$value;
    }
    virtual("/cgi-bin/search.cgi".'?'.$QSTRING);
    ?>

I get a fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function virtual() in search.php on line 41

Also, I have added a search box on other webpages, but when trying to enter data I get a 500 server error. I've checked the FAQ, my cgi file is the correct permission, and I uploaded it as a binary file. I'm not sure what to do next...

Are you hosting on an IIS server? The example you gave will only work on Apache servers (with some exceptions).

If you refer back to our support page here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...i.html#ssi_cgi

Below the example that you used, is an alternative example for embedding search.cgi "within a PHP file on an IIS server". Try that method instead.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

My web host uses apache on a linux server. what exceptions are you talking about?

at home, i've just downloaded the xitami web server. anyone know if zoom works with xitami? I'd like to see if I can get it to work with that too, for home testing.

Comment

If you are sure your host is running PHP + Apache + Linux, can you check with your hosting company to see if they have disabled some of the PHP functions?

We had another customer using Xitami 5 years ago, back in 2001. It seemed to be OK then. But we don't test each new release with Xitami. If you want to do real testing it would make more sense to match the live configuarion of your site. e.g. Install Apache.

Comment

Working...
        X