Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE 6 blocking javascript

Hi

I have used the javascript search for my client's intranet because they can't give me access to their web server. Everything's working fine with the exception of IE 6's security - it blocks the script every time a user launches the search page.

I know I can change the security settings in IE but I don't want to leave the users vulnerable when viewing external sites. Also, they are hard and fast IE users so using another browser is not really an option.

Any ideas?

TIA

They have must explicitly enabled Javascript blocking. The is not the default IE setting.

If you block all scripts running on the clients and you are blocked from running all scripts on the server. Then you aren't left with many alternatives.

Can you put the search function on an external web site or a dedicated server within the Intranet (separate from the main server). Even an old Pentium III running Linux / Apache would be OK.

Comment

You should also be able to specify different security levels in your IE browsers to allow Javascript to be enabled for web pages hosted on your Intranet, and disabled for web pages external to your Intranet.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll see what I can do. As for this not being a standard IE setting, it also happens when I test on my laptop too so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X