clickable links in the search result context

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clickable links in the search result context

nice program but is there anyway to show links when you search?

like if i got 40 links on a site and use zoom search for link 2 then i would find
    the same page and in the context it would show: link 1 link 2 link 3 link 4..

I wanna be able to click on the link 2 from the contest... is that possible?

I'm afraid I don't really understand your post and I'm not sure what sort of links you are referring to.

What do you mean by "use zoom search for link 2"? Did you mean pages?

Zoom, of course, returns a list of links to your web pages that match your search query.

If you are referring to the different matches found on a page (for the same word), that are displayed in the context description - and you want to be able to jump to the other hits on that page as opposed to just the first one, then you should take a look at this:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/highlighting.html

It only scrolls to the first occurance of the word on the page, but it highlights the other occurances so its easier to find.

Perhaps you can give us a URL to a working demonstration of your problem and you can point things out more specifically if my above assumption is wrong.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

That would work but the think i was wondering was if you could include links in the context. If you search for a link now you will find it but you wont be able to click on the link from the search window.. first I would have to go back to the page I found the link on.

Comment

For all the text in the search results we filter out HTML. This means that any HTML used to change font sizes, font colors make a hyperlinks or control layout is removed.

So any URLs displayed as part of the page context will be plain text and not clickable links.

------
        David

Comment

Working...
        X