Probably Easy Question - Add search box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably Easy Question - Add search box

How do I add zoom to my webpage. I have a search box graphic and submit box graphic already put into my site http://www.targetgo.com so what do i have to enter or do in Dreamweaver. I already set up indexing and uploaded the zoom files to my server Im just lost where to link it

Couple of things to point out:

1.) You only have a graphic image of a search form and search box on your page. They will not work as a search form (as you should see, you can't enter anything into it). You will need to create a HTML search form in place of this. See this FAQ for more information:
    Q. How do I add a simple search box to each page of my site?

2.) Your website contains nothing but images at the moment. Even the text are actually images of text. Nothing can be indexed or searched on your site because of this.

3.) None of the links on your website are working either, so there would be no more than one single page to be found even if the above was working.

I presume you are a beginner at making websites. What you have put up is more akin to a graphical mockup of a website, than a working one.

We had a guess and did find that you uploaded your Zoom search page to here:
    http://www.targetgo.com/search.php

However, you have turned off the search form, so you are unable to enter in a search query on this page. You can turn this back on from the Configuration window (under the "Search page" tab, change "Search form" from "Do not generate" to "Advanced" or "Simple").

But as I mentioned above, your search page wouldn't have much to search with eitherway, because your website does not currently contain any searchable content.

I hope that helps.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yeah, I know Im not done yet thats why its like this

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
        However, you have turned off the search form, so you are unable to enter in a search query on this page. You can turn this back on from the Configuration window (under the "Search page" tab, change "Search form" from "Do not generate" to "Advanced" or "Simple").
        I got the same problem, I use the simple search code on one of my page and when it search and end up at search.php it doesnt show any result.
        Where do you find the configuration window? in dreamweaver or your internet browser?

This is the code I use on my page where the search button is at:
        <form method="get" action="search.php">
        <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="20" />
        <input type="submit" value="Search" />
        Results per page:
        <select name='zoom_per_page'>
        <option selected="selected">10</option>
        <option >20</option>
        <option >100</option>
        </select>

Match:
        <input type="radio" name="zoom_and" value="0" checked="checked" />any search words
        <input type="radio" name="zoom_and" value="1" />all search words

</form>

I have to have some kind of code on the /search.php page too.

Comment

Where do you find the configuration window?
          The Zoom configuration window appears when you click on the "Configure" button in Zoom.

If you are not getting search results can you post the URL to your search page, so that we can see it. It might be because you didn't index any pages or it might be because you have the wrong parameters in the URL or it might be something else.

Your problem is not the same as dcshoeco1's problem. Dcshoeco1 had turned off the default search form, and didn't add his (her?) own form. So searching was not possible.

-----
          David

Comment

his

Comment

Working...
            X