Results per page button and CSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results per page button and CSS

Searching the FAQ I found out how to style the background of the results per page dropdowns but not how to change the colour of the button itself (default is grey). I am using Zoom 4.2 Prof (PHP version of search page). Styling the input button worked.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    ictis

There are examples on styling the search button and changing its appearance here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/css.html

Look for the "Change the colour of the search button to red" example as well as the "Changing the search form button" example.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi Ray,

thanks for your reply. I am sorry, I don't want to nitpick but I did not ask for how to style the search button (the first button in the advanced modus) but the second button for selecting the number of results per page, the one with the arrow. Styling the first button as described in the FAQ has no effect on the second button. But maybe there is no way to do this and I will have to leave the default color (silver).

Apart from this styling question I am very happy with Zoom. It was fairly easy to apply the search engine to my website.

ictis

Comment

Oh I see, you mean the arrow buttons for the combo/dropdown box where you select the results per page (5, 10, ...etc.)?

As far as I know, there is actually no way to change the appearance of this button via the browser, and it is restricted by your OS's settings.

But perhaps there are some obscure IE-specific methods that someone can let us know about (there often is something like that with IE), but then again, it mightn't be standard. I personally have not seen this button styled before.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I searched for a way to change this in Windows XP but to no avail. Therefore I will just leave it as it is oder change the search form by selecting the basic format.
          Thanks for your comments.
          ictis

Comment

Working...
          X