PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show / Hide Advanced Search Options- how to do it - (:?:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show / Hide Advanced Search Options- how to do it - (:?:)

Guys I'm looking to do something similar as Casey site with the option of show/hide Advanced Search Options...

http://www.casey.vic.gov.au/search/s...&viewMode=wide

but how to do that!?

What I basically want is hide the search options, like the Match part and Results per page, where to delete that/
    REALLY APPRECIATE IF SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME!

The guy that developed the Casey site is a strong developer. He added some additional Javascript on the search results page to hide / show these form elements.

If you right click on the page and view source, you can see the Javascript source code he used.

It seems to be basically two HTML spans (<span id="showAdvancedSearch">) that are either hidden or displayed when the user clicks. Rather elegant in fact.

------
    David

Comment

actually I would like to hide some fieds in the search result page but I cant find the correct way to do it! would you please help me me!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You should read up on Javascript and CSS if you wish to employ those sort of features on your website. The CSS attribute that is most useful here is the "display: none;" property, which allows you to hide entire div/span elements. You could potentially use this method to provide real-time control of the displaying of any other elements on the search results page.

There are many tutorials online to get started with learning Javascript and CSS (aka DHTML). Try a search on Google for "javascript css tutorials" or "dhtml tutorial".
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

If you wanted to permanently remove some of the fields (rather than have them appearing and disappearing) you can either,

1) Select the basic search form from the Zoom configuration window (on the Search page tab).

2) Create your own search form. See the is FAQ.
          http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...tml#searchform

----
          David

Comment

How can I separete in lines, brakes or sections
            zoom_searchfor, zoom_query, zoom_button, zoom_options

from

searchheading, summary, sorting, result_title, description, highlight, context and infoline

right now all comes in once either in the search.asp, search.html:
            <script language="JavaScript">ZoomSearch();</script>
            all in the same spot. and there is no option to do that in the search page section in the software.

Really appreciate your help

Comment

You can completely separate the form from the results by creating your own search form. See the is FAQ.
              http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...tml#searchform

-------
              David

Comment

Working...
              X