categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• categories

I don't think this is possible but maybe there is a work around. I have three categories: Entire site (All), Support, Entire site except support. PDF files are in a separate downloads directory and some PDFs appear in Support only. Is there a way to have the support PDFs in the Support category? I could specify specific file names but there are a lot of PDFs in multiple directories. The directories contain both support and non-support PDFs.

Thanks for the help.

You can specify multiple category patterns, separated by semi-colons. For example, to include all files in the "/support/" folder as well as all files in the "/pdf/" folder, you would use a pattern like so: "/support/;/pdf/"

You say that some PDFs are not support files, and some are. And that they are scattered across multiple directories. Is there any distinguishing pattern in their filename or URL between the support and non-support PDFs? Can you give us some example of the URLs you are trying to categorize?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

There is no way to distinguish support PDFs from non-support PDfs even with wildcard matching. I have a separate index for the support section of our site. Is there a way to have a category selection search on a different set of Zoom index files and return the results to the original page? I tried including the search.php file from the support directory but that did not work.

I just read your V5-Improved Categories post. A lot of nice options. When is V5 to be released?

J

Comment

No, you can not merge results from two separate searches (on two separate sets of index files), at least, not without some custom coding.

Perhaps you can make use of the V5 feature which picks up ZOOMCATEGORY meta tags, allowing you to specify a category for each file specifically. You would be able to specify the meta tag with .desc files.

We are working hard on V5, and we are getting very close. We are still hoping for a release either sometime this month or next.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X