PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I exclude all files but default.htm files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I exclude all files but default.htm files?

I have about 34000 folders and each of them has a default.htm file. How do I get zoom to just index the default.htm files and nothing else?

Thanks

It is a somewhat unusual case to exclude filenames but one. Zoom allows you to specify the files to exclude rather than the files to include. So one way to do this is to add entries to your Skip Pages list that would match all your other files, but "default.htm". This may be easier than you expect, if there is some common pattern to your other filenames.

For example, a skip page entry of "1" will skip all files containing the number 1 in its filename or path. And if, for example, all your files are numerically named, (eg. "1234.html", "3133a.html"), then you could simply have a skip page list containing the digits from 0 to 9 and it will skip all files except ones which do not contain numerals (in my described case, this may be "default.htm").

So you should first take a look at the naming scheme you have with your other files and see if you can use the Skip Pages option to successfully block them.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X