PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

disable charset enforcing on search script doesn't work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disable charset enforcing on search script doesn't work?

I disabled the charset enforcing, but this line still gets generated in the search_template.html:
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    I have my own header.php that includes the charset already. So now I have 2.

I am using the CGI version so i can not edit the code that writes this out.
    My search_template_src.html file looks simply like this:

<h1>Search</h1>

The "Disable charset enforcing" option in the Configuration window does not affect this. That option only affects whether a HTTP header is sent with the charset (this is before any HTML is sent by the web server). But yes, you do need this option checked for your usage scenario.

If you wish to remove the content-type meta tag in your template file, you can do so simply by removing the line from the "search_template.html" file that is in your output folder. The Indexer does not update this file on subsequent indexing - unless you delete this file manually each time.

If you wish to permanently remove the charset from appearing in your template files (even the one that is generated only when there is no search_template.html already in your output folder), then yes, you can modify "search_template_src.html" to do this. You would need to remove the line. However, make sure this is actually necessary, and consult the above mentioned solutions first.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you for the response. Excellent answer.

Comment

Working...
      X