Conflict With Shopping Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflict With Shopping Cart

Thanks for this great search program. I have been using WebGlimpse untill me provider changed servers and now Webglimpse will no longer work for me. I found your serach program through Google. Your program is exactly what I am looking for. I have downloaded the free version and have installed it as a php search.

I also have a javascript shopping cart installed on my site called NOPCART. When i do a search that returns a result from a page that has the shopping cart. The cart will not work properly. I have implemented
    and on one file as a test. This did not solve the problem. Would you please look at my web page and let me know if there is a way to solve this proble. Visit the folowing link, http://www.theosophiabooks.com. Click SEARCH in the heading, and do a search for KUNG FU. This should take you to a book on page 4. Notice the ADD TO CART BUTTON. It shows part of the FORM information for the submit button. When you click the ADD TO CART button, it adds the book to the shopping cart without the name of the book. Only books hylighted by the search program act this way. Any book not hylighted will show the name of the book when added to the cart.

Looking forward to your answer.

Buddy

First thing I should clarify is that this is an issue with the "Jump to highlighting" Javascript that you are using on your webpage. This feature is optional and what you are seeing would not occur with this feature disabled. The support page for this feature is here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/highlighting.html

As documented in the "Troubleshooting" section of that page, the nature of having different Javascripts on the same page means that there is the potential for conflict. However we can not be 100% sure what the problem is without debugging your shopping cart Javascript as well, and so we have to leave this up to the user to determine the cause.

Nonetheless, taking a quick look at the page in question here:
    http://www.theosophiabooks.com/usedb...hlight=kung+fu

I noticed that you have the highlight() function called twice in your HTML. This is incorrect. The first time is at the top of the file (before highlight.js is included, which is also wrong):

Code:
    </script>
    <base target="_self">
    <style>.highlight &#123; background&#58; #FFFF40; &#125;</style>
    <script type="text/javascript">highlight&#40;&#41;;</script>
    </head>
    The second time is at the bottom of the page:

Code:
    </body>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../search/highlight.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">highlight&#40;&#41;;</script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='../private/x.js'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='../x_dbg.js'></script>
    <style>.highlight &#123; background&#58; #FFFF40; &#125;</style>
    Removing the first call to highlight() at the top of the file should fix some errors, to begin with, but I can not be certain that is the cause of your other problem.

You can also try the alternative method of calling the highlight() script by use of the BODY tag's onLoad attribute. See the support page again for more information.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X