Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiped words -1 in zoom_dictionary.zdat file

Hello,
    i'm using the Zoom Search Pro PHP Version.

When zoom index the pages, there are many words been skiped and this is a big problem and i need to fix this very soon.
    When i look to zoom_dictionary.zdat , there are many words with -1, which means that those word been skiped.

Here are some results:
    free -1
    Kamera -1
    videos -1
    dicke -1

those are all keywords and i don't want that zoom skip that.
    How can i fix this?

Thanks
    Sam

-1 in the index files doesn't always mean it is skip word. In most cases it just means there are several case variations of a word and the word is not skipped at all.

Words are not skipped unless you enter them into the skip list in the Zoom configuration window.

-----
    David

Comment

please help

Thanks for your reply.
      The problem is, that many sites I've added in zoom, had no Title, so it shows "no title" in results.
      I've of course edited the titles and some texts in description and now i think for that case, there are many words couldn't be found in search.

So how can i do, that zoom works, even if i edit the title and description?
      Is this possible or i need some another program for that?

Thanks
      Sam

Comment

I've of course edited the titles and some texts in description...
        Do you mean

1) you are editing the HTML pages so that they have a title and a description in their meta data?

OR

2) you are trying to edit the index files created by Zoom to retrofit a title to a page that doesn't really have a title?

Option 1) is the right solution. Option 2) is never going to work very well for lots of reasons.

What kind of files are you indexing? HTML, PDF or DOC, etc...

----
        David

Comment

thanks again.
          I've edited the zoom_titles.zdat and zoom_descriptions.zdat and i'm indexing .html and .php files only

Comment

please help

Hi,
            so is there any possiblity, even if i edit the zoom_titles.zdat and zoom_descriptions.zdat, that Zoom get worked?
            Is it maybe possible to change something in search.php that it works without the file zoom_dictionary.zdat?

Thanks
            Sam

Comment

No. Do not modify any of the .ZDAT index files generated by Zoom. This would lead to unexpected behaviour and the search not functioning properly.

And no, the search script will not work without any of the required .ZDAT files listed at the end of indexing.

If your pages are lacking titles and descriptions, then naturally, you ought to add titles and descriptions to them. Is there a reason why you are avoiding this?
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
              X