Urgent problem with utf-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent problem with utf-8

Hello, i've purchased zoom search and i'm trying it on a website.

I've a problem with your search sistem and support of utf-8. Simply the utf-8 don't work for me. I've tried all.

Here a version edited for my website:
    http://www.pugliaimperiale.com/turis...=0&zoom_sort=0

And here original version (i've created it 100 times.....) with no editing:
    http://www.pugliaimperiale.com/turis...=0&zoom_sort=0

How i can fix it??? Thank You.

Make sure you have "Use Unicode (UTF-8 encoding)" selected in the "Languages" tab of the Configuration window.

Make sure you have also uploaded ALL the files (including settings.asp) and allowed them to overwrite the existing ones.

Otherwise, the problem may be due to your web server configuration.

If you can zip up the search files (all zdat and settings.asp, and search.asp) and email them to us, we can take a closer look to confirm this.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yes i use utf-8 to crawl site.

I don't tink is a server problem (it don't work locally too) because all the website is in utf-8 and support chinese and japanese too.

May be a problem of scanner? i've opened de zdat file... is normal that some are encoded in ansi and not utf-8? The zoom_pagetext is not utf-8.

Now i send you all the file and the configuration file. Thank You.

Comment

Solved... was a session.codepage that was make not work the not-edited version too...

I don't understand why i must set codepage to 1252 (italy) before inclusion of search.asp----

Comment

We have tested indexing your website using the default search script with "Use UTF-8" selected in the Indexer and it worked fine. It was able to search, index and display all English, Russian, and Japanese files as well.

I am unsure of your last post:

Originally posted by alextrani
          Solved... was a session.codepage that was make not work the not-edited version too...
          Do you mean your script was edited or modified? If so, this may have been the cause of your problem. We tested your site using the default search script and it worked fine.

Originally posted by alextrani
          I don't understand why i must set codepage to 1252 (italy) before inclusion of search.asp----
          Where are you setting this codepage? I don't think this would be necessary, and it certainly was not in our case. If you are including "search.asp" in your own ASP page, and you are setting the codepage there, then yes, that would affect the output of the search script. It should not need to be set to windows-1252 either way though. If your index was setup correctly as you describe, it should be UTF-8. You may have mixed some files from an older session (eg. using a "settings.asp" file from an older index before you turned on UTF-8 ) or your own scripting is changing the expected behaviour.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Same problem, solved, thanx!!!

Comment

Working...
            X