Plugins - no indexes created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugins - no indexes created

I have just purchased the standard edition to exploit the external document search functionality. It is not working for me however.
    1. I am indexing a local set of folders for offline distribution.
    2. I select pdf, doc, xls, ppt
    3. When i run the indexer, the log reports no errors other than when the file limit is exceeded. The log also reports scanning/processing message pairs when it encounters a doc, pdf , etc...
    4. The output index files however contain no entries for my document content.
    I have looked in the faq - my documents are valid documents (MS word documents, PDF files not generated from images) and read a similar post on this forum, but i must still be missing something... Please can you help me sort this out.
    Best regards
    Rainer

You may want to turn on "Verbose Mode" to see if there are any additional messages which indicate if a file was skipped or if an error was encountered during indexing.

Can you clarify how you are examining your output index files. Have you tried actually performing a search for the expected documents?

If you can narrow down the scenario to a few files which seem to exhibit this problem, you can ZIP them up (along with your ZCFG file containing your indexing configuration) and e-mail them to us. We can then take a closer look.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Plugins - no indexes created

Thanks for your response. Verbose shows nothing and yes i did try out a search. I have found my mistake though - Working with the free download, i excluded page content to limit the search to only meta desc/keywords and page title. I now know that the page content indexing option refers not only to html "pages" but external file content as well.

Comment

Working...
      X