Category Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category Search

Will V5 be able to handle the following categories, of say a large online book (1200 html pages) broken up into the following basic sections (in other words, I want to be able to have a drop down menu like this and then the person can put in their keywords to search that category):

1) Main Section 1 (Which consists of chapters 1-39)
    2) Main Section 2 (Which consists of chapters 40-66)
    3) Main Section 1, Subsection 1 (Which consists of chapters 1-5)
    4) Main Section 1, Subsection 2 (Which consists of chapters 6-17)
    5) Main Section 1, Subsection 3 (Which consists of chapters 18-22)
    6) Main Section 1, Subsection 4 (Which consists of chapters 23-39)
    7) Main Section 2, Subsection 1 (Which consists of chapters 40-43)
    Main Section 2, Subsection 2 (Which consists of chapter 44)
    9) Main Section 2, Subsection 3 (Which consists of chapters 45-65)
    10) Main Section 2, Subsection 4 (Which consists of chapter 66)
    11) Chapter 1
    12) Chapter 2
    13) Chapter 3
    14) Chapter 4
    15) Chapter 5
    ...76) Chapter 66

As far as the layout on my site, I actually have each chapter in a separate folder (total 66 folders), the subsections are 8 separate folders, and the main sections are 2 different folders.

If you need more description, let me know. This feature, of enhanced category search, is critical to me in V5. I am presently using V4.2's search engine on this 1200 page book, but I desperately want to add category search - the present category search function just didn't work out for me.

We're still looking at possible enhancements for categories and we've yet to finalize the features.

From what I can gather in your above description, I think all you need is just the ability to have files belong to more than 1 category? This is likely to be added to V5, but we'll release more information as we get closer to finalizing the feature.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X