Web pages being skipped on indexing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web pages being skipped on indexing.

Hello, zoom can't follow my form action links on the menu buttons on the side of my page. I tried putting these links only at the top of my web page in the link tags to help but that didn't work either. Any way to get these links followed? I really need to keep these specific menu buttons.

Please let me know, thanks! Brad

Can you give us the URL to the page in question so that we can see the problem. Or if this is not possible can you post a short snippet of HTML code that contains the un-followed link.

Zoom will follow links attached to images and graphical buttons. However Zoom will not fill out data into a HTML form and submit the form.

If you are creating links by executing Javascript on the client side, this can also be a problem. See this FAQ,
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...avascriptmenus

---
    David

Comment

Sure here ya go. As you may already know, many people use form action="the link" with menu buttons instead of href because people that want the 3 d look of the button, can't get it easily. Whereas with type=button or type=submit you get that look easily.

The following doesn't need a javascript script per se in the head section. It uses the commands onclick and such, ...and that doesn't need javascirpt to work. It uses just standard css in the style section with css values only, no javascript, like this.

.end { width: 130px;
      border-left: 5px #FF0000; border-top: 5px #FF0000; border-right: 5px #FF0000; border-bottom: 5px #FF0000; font-weight: bolder;
      font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
      font-size: 14px; color: rgb(51, 153, 153);
      }

Then in the body section it uses onclick commands to link to the css. As you may already know again...they are event handlers but do not need javascript to work and crossover to regular html pages. The consortium created them so that you could use functions like javascript without needing javascript.

The body part of the button.
      <form
      action="http://mywebsite/folder/webpage.html/"
      target="_self"> <input style="background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="mb" value="Name of button which connects to the link"
      onmouseover="this.className='end';this.style.backg roundColor='#E60000';" onmouseout="this.className='up'; this.style.backgroundColor='#C00000';"
      onclick="this.style.backgroundColor='#CC0000';" type="submit" /></form>

There is no javascript in addition anywhere, only css which the classes connect to and this.

Is there a way to add some web addresses separately to be searched, or do you have another way for me to get zoom to follow just these pages that connect to the buttons? Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
        Is there a way to add some web addresses separately to be searched, or do you have another way for me to get zoom to follow just these pages that connect to the buttons? Thanks for the help!
        Yes. You can click on the "More" button next to the Spider URL and add additional start points. You can then specify each of these URLs as additional start URLs.

But a better solution would be to add text link alternatives, either somewhere else on the page or by using the <noscript> tag as described in the FAQ linked above.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X