Does indexing overwrite search.php?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does indexing overwrite search.php?

I made some (fortunately) minor changes to search.php and uploaded the file. It was working fine until I indexed the site. Now my changes are gone. Does this file get uploaded every time the indexer is run? I work primarily on a Mac, which is where I edited and uploaded the file. Do I have to make sure a copy of that file is on my PC when I run the indexer?

Yes, indexing does overwrite the "search.php" file. This ensures that the latest version of the script is used.

If you wish to make modifications to the search script, you should do so from the source file, either by clicking on "Templates"->"Modify search script source code" in Zoom, or editing the corresponding file in the Zoom program folder (usually "C:\Program Files\Zoom Search Engine 4.2\scripts\PHP or ASP\search.php"). Another alternative is to specify a different path to your own copy of the modified search script (click "Configure"->"Advanced").

Make sure you backup the default script before making changes so that you have something to go back to in case you ever need to.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X