Highlighting multiple search terms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlighting multiple search terms

I'm evaluating Zoom Search Engine for use in a project for distribution on CD-ROM. I have indexed a trial set of HTML files (JavaScript mode). I have configured "Highlighting options" to enable "Words matched in search results" and "Jump to match and highlight within document." When I search a single word the "Jump to" and "Highlight" features function perfectly within the source documents. So far, so good. However, when I search multiple words ("discussion forums," for example), both words are found but only the first word ("discussion") is highlighted within the source documents. Any ideas about why this might be happening?

Do you have other Javascripts on the content page? It may be conflicting with the "jump to highlighting" script.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
      Do you have other Javascripts on the content page? It may be conflicting with the "jump to highlighting" script.
      Thanks for the fast reply. There are no other Javascripts on the content page. Just Zoom Search Engine's own highlight.js script called with the <body onload="highlight();"> tag. That's it.

Comment

Can you E-mail us the HTML page in question or put it on a web site where we can have a look at it.

-----
        David

Comment

I've sent a sample page by e-mail for you to examine. Thanks for this.

Comment

We've looked at the files you've sent us and have confirmed the bug. The problem occurs when highlighting two words which are one after another, eg. an exact phrase of "wild animals" as opposed to separate occurances of "wild" and "animals. The latter scenario it will highlight correctly.

This bug will be fixed in the next release.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks very much!

Comment

Working...
              X