No search results where word preceded by punctuation or with accents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No search results where word preceded by punctuation or with accents

Hello. For some reason I cannot get words to show up in search results where they are preceded by punctuation. I resolved the problem, I believe, with words followed by closing punctuation by switching on stemming. Also, although I have enabled accents under "Languages" it does not appear to be working for some reason. All pages are charset UTF-8.

eg.:

Daein does not return a search result for ‘Daein

Esther does not return a search result for ‘Esther:

hunner does not return a search result for <b>a</b>-Hunnèr (where there is a grave accent on the e).

I'm probably missing something obvious, but any help would be appreciated. The test site I have set up is here:

https://www.libraryireland.com/usd/search/search.php

I seem to have fixed the quotation mark issue by downloading the latest build of v8 and have tested different accents too which are working fine. I think the reason that Hunnèr is not displaying in the search results is that it is preceded by a hyphen in the text?.

Comment

Glad you sorted most of it out.

Yes, hyphen might be setup as a joining character. This can be configured in the "indexing option" window.

Comment

Thanks, David, I will check that out. And also thanks for providing such an affordable and useful piece of software over the years.

Comment

Working...
        X