Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip for Windows IIS and "HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found"

Here's a tip that may save time for someone else:

Having just deployed replicate Zoom CGI and ASP.net search and Windows IIS server configurations on several Windows machines on our corporate network, I found that the perfectly operational Zoom + IIS set up running on my test machine, when replicated to a new machine, initially results in the server returning the error "HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found".

This error type is well documented, and suggests the need to tweak server and network configurations, in particular need to configure MIME types at the IIS server level.

I my case, before deploying, I forgot to first check which "Turn Windows features on or off" options had been enabled for each machine by our IT department. I don't need to do Zoom deployment very often, and forgot that by default Windows O.S. installers do not install the IIS server components required to handle CGI, ASP.net, etc.

In my case, the "Error 404.3" issue was resolved simply by installing via "Turn Windows features on or off" the components for IIS CGI and ASP.net support.
    Richard

Thanks for the Tip.

Comment

Working...
    X