A feature request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A feature request

This is a feature request. Could we have a meta tag like this <meta name="omit" content="some-word-I-don't-want-indexed-on-this- page">

My problem is that the actual entry on "inch" shows up on the zoom search results many pages behind pages that contain a lot of measurements of stuff. I would like to have a way of preventing inch from being indexed on the non-relevant pages.

Maybe you can exclude sections of particular pages from being indexed? See,
    https://www.zoomsearchengine.com/zoo....html#zoomstop

Or maybe you can boost the page you want, do keyboard stuffing or use recommended links. See
    https://www.zoomsearchengine.com/zoo...faq_score.html

Comment

David, Thanks for the suggestions. I do use several of those features. For example, I use zoomstop to prevent indexing of indexes. Unfortunately, when one would like to exclude a particular term, the surrounding text usually contains words one does want indexed. It would be madness to go through a page enclosing all the occurrences of a particular word in zoomstop/zoomstart tags (though I have considered it).

And, I heavily weight the meta keywords. I have not used ZOOMWORDS. Does that raise the page score anymore than max weighting the keywords?

Another thing I have not used is link recommendation. I fear going down that road would lead to hundreds of such recommendations. Wouldn't that affect the performance of the search engine, and if so, how badly?

Thanks again for your advice.

Comment

I have not used ZOOMWORDS. Does that raise the page score anymore than max weighting the keywords?
        Yes, increasing the number of times the keyword occurs on the page will increase the score.

Wouldn't that affect the performance of the search engine, and if so, how badly?
        Not significantly. Maybe if you got to 1000s of pages it might.

Comment

Working...
        X