PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Office 2007 plugin error] Could not open OOXML (error reading from: C:\Users ...etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray
    replied
    As we can't reproduce the error here, we won't know what actions are needed to recreate your situation. So let's go with your proposed attempt and see if that produces the problematic files.

Leave a comment:

• rkg82
    replied
    The problematic files also include, in addition to the ones synchronized with SharePoint server, local synchronized copies of files on a SubVersion (SVN) source code server. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue with a new clean Word or Excel file created on my local machine, so I'll need to upload a clean, empty file to these servers, then download them as synchronized copies, and see what happens. Unless you have other suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    Yes, if you can reproduce the problems in some sample files, then please send them to us.

We have not (knowingly) encountered files synchronised by Sharepoint server, so that is interesting to note.

Leave a comment:

• rkg82
    replied
    Unfortunately I can't send you the actual files, but I can certainly create new ones with a few target test words to index, and send you those by e-mail if I can reproduce the problem on my end. It could very well be something specific about the actual files, as they are synchronized local copies of files located on the corporate SharePoint server, hosted on the MS Cloud.

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    We haven't seen this problem, and we've just tested with some DOCX files created fresh from Office 365 Word.

So not sure what the cause is. Maybe there's some new feature or something unusual with your DOCX and XLSX files.

If you can e-mail these files to us, we can take a closer look.

Leave a comment:

• [Office 2007 plugin error] Could not open OOXML (error reading from: C:\Users ...etc.

Greetings all,

I'm using the latest Zoom Search Pro 8.0 build 1002, and systematically getting "Microsoft Office 2007 plugin error" when indexing local files .xlsx and .docx files.

These files were all created with Office 365/Word and Excel 2016 (32 bit) and saved with the default formats. I can open these files without any problem on my Windows 10 Entreprise (64 bits) system.

My Zoom Search configuration properly references xlsx and .docx files.formats for indexing.

I'm puzzled by the "Could not open OOXML" part of the logged error.

Has anyone encountered this issue or have any suggestions?
Working...
X