PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Indexer stay open if there are Errors/Warnings during a Scheduled run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Indexer stay open if there are Errors/Warnings during a Scheduled run?

I am using 7.0 (1017). I have used the Zoom Scheduler to setup automatic Spider Indexing. I am wondering if Zoom will stay open (instead of closing when done, as seems to be the default behavior) if there are any Errors or Warnings during the Indexing process? I'm just concerned that the Indexer could be running repeatedly and encountering errors and I would never know.

Thanks in advance for your help!

If you use the Auto-run options then the app should automatically run and then close itself.

From the Help file.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Auto-run-command-line.png
Views:	89
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	38260

If you want to see what has happened, there is an option to write out a log file in the Configuration setup.

Comment

Hmm, okay -- so it sounds like there is no way to get notified only if there were Errors or Warnings during indexing. That's a bummer, as I would find that very helpful. Maybe this could be a feature addition in a future version?

Comment

Pretty much all significant web sites throw some errors or warnings. Broken links, bad HTML, etc...

But I asked our AI overlords to write a script for you to parse the log file looking for Errors and Warnings. Here it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan-log-for errors.png
Views:	88
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	38264

Comment

Working...
        X