PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zoomindexer Scheduled Task Does Not Run on WinServer 2019 VM. Results in 0x8 Code.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoomindexer Scheduled Task Does Not Run on WinServer 2019 VM. Results in 0x8 Code.

Hello,

I searched forum and couldn't find the answer.

I have Zoom Search Engine installed on my physical PC. Scheduled task to index website at night in Windows Task Scheduler. Works fine.
    Now trying to do the same on Windows Server 2019 virtual machine and it just does not run. It returns code 0x8.

Any help, idea is appreciated.

EDIT

I forgot to add that I exported task from my PC into XML file and then imported that task into Task Scheduler on the VM server.
    Last edited by Mozartman; Feb-08-2022, 08:39 PM.

You posted this in the Zoom v7 section of the forum - to confirm, what version of Zoom are you using?
    Note that v7 is a few years old and we have not tested running Zoom v7 on Windows Server 2019

Might want to try recreating the scheduled task from scratch as the user associated with the task in the physical PC might not have the permissions to run in the VM.
    When you say it returns code 0x8 - is this with the task scheduler or a Zoom error?

Also try manually running Zoom without the task scheduler with the same config file and see if you get any errors.
    And if you are running on v7, try running Zoom v8.

Comment

Thank you for reply Rayuaza.

Originally posted by Rayuaza View Post
      You posted this in the Zoom v7 section of the forum - to confirm, what version of Zoom are you using?
      Note that v7 is a few years old and we have not tested running Zoom v7 on Windows Server 2019.
      Yes, I have and use version 7, 1022.

Might want to try recreating the scheduled task from scratch as the user associated with the task in the physical PC might not have the permissions to run in the VM.
      When you say it returns code 0x8 - is this with the task scheduler or a Zoom error?
      I created task from scratch using Zoom Search feature. I will try to create task from scratch directly in Task Scheduler tomorrow.
      Code 0x8 is returned by the Windows Task Scheduler.

Also try manually running Zoom without the task scheduler with the same config file and see if you get any errors.
      And if you are running on v7, try running Zoom v8.
      It works fine when I run Zoom manually on this VM server.
      I cannot run Zoom v8 because college didn't want to update software.

Comment

I solved the problem.

Zoom Search Engine that is installed on my PC is registered Enterprise Edition and was using Zoomindexer64.exe.
        I installed Zoom Search Engine on the server, but didn't register it yet (will register after Zoom is removed from my PC), so it was running in Free mode and was using Zoomindexer.exe (32 bit version).

All tasks on my PC were set up to use Zoomindexer64.exe and when I imported those task to the Task Scheduler on the server they didn't work and were returning error code 0x8.

This morning I was browsing C:\ProgramData\Wrensoft\Zoom Search Engine Indexer V7\temp folder on the server and decided to read one of those log files - indexlog_1220109123520.txt.
        And that's where I read:

02/09/22 12:35:21|The 64-bit Indexer is only available with the Enterprise Edition. You must register your Enterprise Edition key with the normal (32-bit) version of the software before running the 64-bit Indexer. Note that you do not need the 64-bit indexer unless you are indexing very large sites (e.g. over 100,000 pages) which require more memory than accessible in 32-bit (i.e. more than 2 GB of RAM). Please visit our website for details on upgrading to Enterprise Edition.

This was the clue to the problem. I adjusted folder path and file name for Zoomindexer.exe in those tasks on the server and everything is working now.

Comment

Working...
        X