Autocomplete Not Working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocomplete Not Working!

I have search engine v7. The autocomplete feature works fine with the automatic search.php page but it does not work when I attempted to add it into other pages. I follow the instructions how to add autocomplete to other sites using a page template to modify many other pages that I want to add an autocomplete in the search box. The code I use, with all the zoom search associated files are at the root folder (index file):

<script type="text/javascript" src="/zoom_autocomplete.js"></script>
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
    if (window.addEventListener) window.addEventListener('load', function() { ZoomAutoComplete_OnLoad('zoom_searchbox');}, false); else if (window.attachEvent) window.attachEvent('onload', function() { ZoomAutoComplete_OnLoad('zoom_searchbox');}); else window['onload'] = function() { ZoomAutoComplete_OnLoad('zoom_searchbox');}
    </script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/zoom_autocomplete.css" />

And to the search box:

<form method="get" action="/search.php" class="zoom_searchform">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" id="zoom_searchbox" placeholder='search by brand name, generic name, or indication' class="zoom_searchbox" size="45" />
    <input type="submit" value="Search" />

</form>

The autocomplete feature works fine on the first landing webpage, i.e., main page or index page. But when it goes to the search result page, in 2 folders down, I receive an error message right after I type the first letter: "Object not found! The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Error 404."

I received the same error message when I tried the absolute link to the path to zoom_autocomplete.js and zoom_autocomplete.css as in src="http://www.mysite.com/zoom_autocomplete.js" and src="http://www.mysite.com/zoom_autocomplete.css". Please tell me how to fix this error message as the autocomplete feature is an essential feature to the search box at my website. Thanks in advance.

We no longer support V7 as it is fairly old now.
    But if you are getting a 404, file not found, error; that means the URL is wrong. Either the file doesn't exist in the folder you think it does, or the domain / path is wrong.
    Would need to look at the actual site to debug it It think.

Comment

Working...
    X