Internal Server Error for cgi-bin when upgrading from 5 to 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal Server Error for cgi-bin when upgrading from 5 to 7

Hi, we've been using Zoom v5 for years but just upgraded to 7, I've set up v7 to scan the site and it produced a bunch of very similar looking .zdat files which I uploaded to the same cgi-bin as usual but now I just get Internal Server Error messages, even when I reupload the older v5 files. The server error logs just have the following issue - Premature end of script headers: search.cgi

Does anyone know what the issue is?

Did you also upload the new search.cgi executable? You need to as the V5 CGI won't work with the V7 index files.

For the error, Premature end of script, see this page.
    (it is a permissions, CGI setup issue on the server)

Comment

The new search.cgi was uploaded and is executable (755), all the other permissions seem to be ok as well. I am asking my server people about suEXEC and Apache RLimitCPU and RLimitMEM as mentioned in that link but I don't understand how these would affect the previous v5 files being re-uploaded and suddenly not working either.

Comment

Is it worth trying another option that isn't cgi-bin? maybe php? we have around 2,000 pages and this is unlikely to rise too much. I really need to get our search back and working ASAP.

Comment

PHP should be fine for only 2000 pages.
          But it is slower compared to the compiled code in the CGI. (about 5x slower). But that might only mean the difference between 0.1 seconds and 0.5 seconds.

You could still run into problems with server resource limits however (RlimitMem, etc..).

Comment

Thanks, I might try PHP then.

I just got this message from my server people though -

'Have you uploaded the scripts as ASCII/Text and not bin(ary)? Sounds like an issue with the scripts. There maybe extra characters in the scripts messing them up.'

Not entirely sure how I can change this, do you know?

Comment

They are talking about the FTP transfer mode.
              There is a good summary of the issues here
              https://www.jscape.com/blog/ftp-bina...-corrupt-files

But the advice you were given is wrong. CGIs are not scripts. CGI is actually an interface definition and not a scripting language.

In the case of Zoom, the CGIs we supply are compiled binaries. So you MUST use FTP binary transfer mode.

Comment

Working...
              X