PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zoom Search Enginge + Artifical intelligence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom Search Enginge + Artifical intelligence?

Hello!

Since Artifical intelligence and bots are used more than ever, i was wondering if there will be some kind of AI implemented in the Zoom Search Engine as well at some point?

For example an AI which creates a smarter search mechanism according to the users used search tags etc.?
    Maybe there is an AI already implemented but i somehow missed it?

best regards

Endris

Zoom support a few different scripting languages. JS, CGI, PHP, etc..

Seems unlikely that anyone is going to be able to implement true artificial intelligence in Javascript or PHP on resource constrained shared hosting.

Nearly all the recent claims artificial intelligence are bogus. There is no 'intelligence'. At best the intelligence is an elegant algorithm running on fast hardware. At worst, it is just marketing spin.

When a user does a search, they don't enter in search tags. And most web sites don't have tagged content. So I don't really know what you mean about AI using tags. (And also don't know why an AI should be required to match a tag if one did exist, matching a text string is the simplest task for a computer).

Comment

You're probably talking about concept search engines which is a favorite topic of mine. I've used a couple over the years and at the risk of being branded some type of heretic I think they're better than Google is even today. The example I use is this - if I go to Google and search for apple am I searching for the fruit or the computer. Google will most likely think I'm searching for apple the computer because that's popular. Concept search engines rely on some type of automatic classification system based on well developed taxonomies. You then apply different taxonomies to different audiences (there are other uses and applications) and they can search the same information with a different emphasis (this is the two liner explanation by the way). Is it AI - no - its "elegant algorithms" applied with well developed taxonomies but its a dam good way of finding (as opposed to searching). As opposed to the common keyword relevance type searching it is far more "intelligent".

Comment

Working...
      X