Retruning too many/inaccurate search results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retruning too many/inaccurate search results

I've just purchased the Standard Edition and I'm attempting to add a search function to individual elearning courses. I'm using the CD-ROM/offline/javascript option and indexing only the html pages of the course. I placed the search.html page within the course and added all the zoom files to the course zip file and uploaded it to the Learning Management System.

At first, it seemed like it was working great. Then I noticed that regardless of what words I searched for, it would return 70-80 hits. Yes, the pages that had the search term are at the top of the list, so that's great, but after those pages, I can't find the search term in the the other results pages. I'm afraid that when it's searching html pages, it's searching all the code, as well as the text that the user sees. If that's the case, then I'm stuck, because each html page has a TOC object that contains lots of what would be the most common search words.

Help, please!

Cindy

Please see the following FAQ,

Q. How do I prevent parts of my webpage from being indexed (eg. navigation menus or page footers)?

Comment

Working...
    X