Frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustration

I am running Zoom 6 with php on a Unix server; knowing very little about php and linux. The development system is Win 7, if that makes a difference.
    Like some others on the forum, on indexing I get an error saying the zoom.ini file doesn't open. However, the log file shows that the zcfg file is read, so I assume that's not the source of my problem.
    The indexer seems to run fine, depositing all the required files on the server. But when I do a search, no results show up.
    The search form is at www.sizes.com/search_template.html Try searching for "acre"; should be lots of hits.
    Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

First issue I can see is that you seem to have manually added a search form to the template file. This is not normally required. The default behaviour is for the search script (search.php in your case) to generate the form for you. So there was no need for you to write the HTML form code in the template.

Your search page should be, http://www.sizes.com/search.php and not the template file.
    See also this FAQ,
    Q. Why is there no search form on my search page?

You have also messed up the template in another way. There should be a line like,
    <!--ZOOMSEARCH-->
    in the template. You appear to have deleted it.

Maybe to start with you should revert to the default search.php and search_template.html file that we supply.

Comment

Did as you suggested. Search is now working well. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X