limit results from a start point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• limit results from a start point

if i have multiple start points for a single index can i limit the number of a specified start point that will show in the results?
    for example if i have start points a,b and c. A is the main start point but the results are showing on page one 8 results from start point c, i want to limit that to 3 results. I know i can play with the weightings but being able to specify maximum results total and/or by page would be handy.

In V6 you can specify the number of pages indexed from each site, but this doesn't effect the ranking calculations.

In V7, which is in alpha testing at the moment, there is a feature called Domain diversity, which I think is what you want.

Comment

Thanks. Thats not really what im looking for. Im trying to limit the total number of results for a specific start point for the first page and/or in total. So not looking for an even spread, but for the main domain to have many more results than a low priority domain. Also the domain diversity could have the opposite effect, ensuring the low ranking domain gets a result in the top 3 when otherwise it would not.

Comment

You can't specify exactly how many results appear from a particular start point on the 1st page of the search results.

I would suggest playing with the weightings for the start points. But due to the nature of the ranking algorithm, which tries to list the best results first, you'll get different results for different search words.

Comment

Working...
        X