search results shows deleted pages but no page content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search results shows deleted pages but no page content

OK - i'm making progress - i found a file zoom_pageinfo.js on my server that has the old pages in it. Investigating further - please ignore this post...

On this new site www.dunnlandscaping.com i have most of the search working but i have 2 problems.
    • The search results show pages that i have deleted. An example of this is if you go to the home page and search on "patrick", the first 3 hits in the results page are for pages that have been deleted. I have tried deleting all of related files created by indexing and re-indexed the files multiple times.
    • i can't get the page content to show up in the search results (i selected page content in indexing options tab and i selected context description in results layout configuration tab.

Thank you very much for your help!
    Last edited by signcarver; May-03-2012, 07:00 PM.

The search form on your home page points to the wrong file.

You have,
    <form id="search-form1" method="get" action="search_template.html">

But it should, for example, point to the search.php file, if you are using the PHP option.
    <form id="search-form1" method="get" action="search.php">

You mentioned that you are have a 'zoom_pageinfo.js' file. So I assume you are using the Javascript option at the moment. This generally isn't the best option for a web site with a web server. This explains why you can't see the document context. If you can, switch to the PHP, ASP, .NET or CGI option.

Comment

Working...
    X