unmatched quote characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unmatched quote characters

First let me say that I have used previous versions with great success.

I've noticed several posts where you have referred people with "unmatched quote characters" errors to the w3c validator. There must be something more going on here. I have 115 of these errors on one site, yet the pages COMPLETELY pass W3C validation. I've spent a couple of hours trying to locate the culprit with no success. So, if W3C can't find it and I can't find it - What next?

Also, is there a way to disable case sensitivity for the user's search? Seems to me results for Rusty and rusty should both display as results regardless of the use of caps. If I can disable this for my audience, it would be prefered.

Thanks for your time.

Can you post a link to one of the pages that gets the unmatched quote message.

Searches are case insensitive. The only way they might be case sensitive is if you checked the box called, "Support single case languages". This option is really only for Japanese, etc.. that don't have upper & lower case.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Here is a link to one of the lighter pages.

http://www.iarpp.net/about/board.html

I do appreciate your time.

Comment

I think the problem is your left navigation menu.

You have HTML code like like this,
        <a title="About Us > Who We Are" href="index.html">Who We Are</a>

Which is not valid, as the first ">" needs encoding.

Try this instead,
        <a title="About Us &gt; Who We Are" href="index.html">Who We Are</a>

There are several instances like this on the page, so make sure you get them all.

Comment

Thanks. Not sure why the validator didn't pick this up. I'll find the instances and replace them. Talk about an aHa moment.

Have a great day.

Comment

Working...
          X