No announcement yet.

Noob question: search results into div?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob question: search results into div?

Hi,
    I'm a graphics/flash designer and not that experienced with HTML/PHP/CGI/etc.. I implemented the Zoom Search Engine without problems on a site I currently build, but I would prefer if the search results appear in a div on a page which looks like the rest of the pages... if you know what I mean. Is this possible (I'm using Dreamweaver).
    Thank you, and sorry for my bad English.

See this page for details about how to customize the result page,
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/css.html

You don't need to know PHP nor CGI.

But it wouldn't hurt to know a little HTML / CSS if you are building web sites. You can customize the search_template.html file to look like the rest of your site.

Comment

Thanks a lot. I already knew this page, but I thought there could probably be an easier way to implement it into an existing (and pretty complex) design.

Comment

There might be an easier way, but it depends on how you built site.

For example if you had a common header and footer done in PHP, then you can just wrap the script in your existing header & footer.

But I am assuming you haven't done anything like this if you are not an experienced web developer. In which case the simplest approach is to edit the HTML in the search_template.html page.

Comment

Working...
        X