skip indexing page MENU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skip indexing page MENU?

The navigation menu on my pages uses text rather than images.
    As a result, when I index the pages the words used in the menu, which appear on every page, are getting indexed.
    Therefore, my search results show every page (for example: Our Mission Our Goals Special Needs Testimonials Fundraisers Projects etc) but the only time the searched for word is found on those pages is in the menu.
    I am betting there is no filter to get around this or at least I haven't found any skip options that would deal with this.

By the way, this is a beautiful software & I am blown away with it!
    Unfortunately my search results aren't so great simply due to this menu problem.

Thanks for any help.

This is a common problem. I probably answer the same question 20 times a month

See this FAQ for a solution.
    Q. How do I prevent parts of my webpage from being indexed (eg. exclude navigation menus, or page footers)?

Comment

Thank you!

So sorry I didn't take more time on my own to research this issue on the forum! Am sure you are tired of answering the same questions...

I have a new question about a setting that would remove the search term from the input box when revisiting the page.. am going to look now to see if I can find that answer, as well.

Thanks again!
      Billie

Comment

The default behavior is that each time you visit or re-visit the search page, e.g. search.php, then there is an empty search box. So there is nothing to clear.

Comment

Working...
        X