Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'No title' in search results

Greetings all,

I'm very impressed with the Zoom Search Engine. Kudos to the creators; it's a great piece of work.

We have an old asp classic website that was using Zoom to index numerous HTML files. I've upgraded the site to ASP.NET 4.0 and consequently had to upgrade Zoom to work with the new ASPX pages. Everything seems to have gone off without a hitch except for one minor problem: all of my search results say "No title".

Here are the specifics:
    • I am indexing ASPX pages that have a masterpage.
    • I am indexing the pages on my local machine, and then copying the resulting various zoom pages to the web server.

If I do a view source in IE 8, I can see the title tag in the HTML markup of my ASPX pages. However, I also can see that there is an obvious carriage return and new line after the opening title tag, and then on the new line there is an obvious tab, and then following is the actual title of the page. After the title text there is another carriage return and new line and then the end title tag.

Here's an example of what it looks like:

Code:
    <title>
    	Web Pages Update Details
    </title>

So my question is the following: are the carriage return, new line, and tab in the title tag somehow causing the Zoom to be unable to read the title text? I'm hoping this isn't the case and that it's just a simple misconfiguration on my part.

Thanks for the help!

Found solution to my problem in this thread:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showth...light=No+title

Comment

Working...
    X