Zoom and Network Drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom and Network Drives

I am having an issue with Zoom Indexer not being able to access mapped network drives (set up with a program called WebDrive)

Every other application on the server including Windows Explorer can access the network drive correctly, only Zoom Indexer cannot.

When I try to select the drive to choose an output directory I get the following error:

An error occurred while reconnecting N: to \\Devserver-jcastaneda\DevServer WebDrive Network: The request is not supported.

The connection has not been restored.

This is specially weird because I have another network drive set up identically and it works with no issue.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your time.

We have no error message like this in our software. This would seem to be an error from the Webdrive software?

There should be no problem accessing network drives. We have done it without any problems using Window's mapped drives. In your post the path seems to be to a local machine, why not just use the built-in Windows drive mapping functions?

Comment

It is not a local machine. What webdrive is doing is FTPing into another server and then creating a network drive through that connection. Zoom would then save directly onto the server.

We had resorted to this because since moving Zoom to our newer server, the FTP does not work anymore. Other FTP Clients work with the same settings, but Zoom always fails to connect.

Comment

Maybe we should instead look at the FTP problem.
        Did you try PASV mode in Zoom's FTP settings?

Comment

Well, that seems to have fixed the problem. That mode had not been required before! Thank you for the help.

Why would that make a difference?

Comment

PASV mode avoid some firewall issues. See,
            http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html

Comment

Working...
            X