• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weighting Zoomwords

I am using the tag like this:

<head>
    <meta name="ZOOMWORDS" content="official guide, official, guide">
    </head>

My site has hundreds of pages, and I really want one specific page to show up on the top of the search results when people search for the terms "official guide". Is there a way to add weight to these words in the meta tag or in the search engine to give them more weight? There is one page I have in mind that I want to be at the top of the search results but I can't get it to be higher then 13 or so.

Please help! Thanks

If you use these words in the page title, meta tags, meta description and page content, then this will lift the result.

You can also repeat the words in the meta data for greater impact. And then give the meta data more weight in the Zoom configuration.

Might be interesting to study the pages that are #1 and #2 for this search term and see why they are so high.

You could also use the Recommended Links feature ("Configure"->"Recommended Links"). This will guarantee a search for "official guide" will return that particular page at the top of the results.

See also this FAQ,
    Q. How do I make some pages appear higher up in my search results? How does Zoom's page score system work?

Comment

Followed your directions and the page is now ranked number 1 on internal searches. Thanks for the continued excellent support.

Comment

Working...
      X