Post Statisic report HTML to web?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Statisic report HTML to web?

In Search Statistics dialog/Options command button the Statistic report options dialog/Save reports to the folder: text box will only accept a local folder. I need to save the generated page to a web folder. Can this be done?

Hi,

You can either upload the file after it has been generated, or generate a report directly on the server using the report.php script. See section, "7.10 Search Statistics PHP Script" in the User's Guide.
    http://www.wrensoft.com/ftp/zoom.pdf

Comment

This little thread reminded me that I'd previously dabbled with the report.php script but hadn't deployed it in earnest. Its now up and running on my site and a welcome addition.

- For me its a useful insight into what people are most interested in and areas where my search might not be working for some reason.

- Its a lovely bauble for managers, who are easily distracted and kept happy by anything that gives them numbers.

- For users its nice to be honest - "yes we log stuff that you enter but here it is to show we're not tracking you in person".

So thanks for another excellent piece of work. I moded the PHP heavily because its easy thanks to the good commenting you guys include. Now toying with another copy of the script to re-present the top 10 search phrases as a sort of 'trending topics' list for the site.
      Mark Gallagher

Comment

Working...
      X